The mission of the Center for Teaching and Learning at the University of Maine at Presque Isle is
To accomplish our mission, the CTL provides consultation, tools, resources, and professional development offerings to:
- Grow and sustain a culture of commitment to excellence in teaching, learning, reflection, and continuous improvement.
- Provide university-wide leadership and coordination of activities aimed at supporting excellence in teaching.
- Promote a suite of research-based best teaching practices focused on a PK-16 continuum in Proficiency-Based Education, known as UMPI’s Academic Commitments.
- Provide direct support to instructors in course design and pedagogical development, including the integration of technology to support learning purposes.
- Communicate the importance of teaching and learning to both internal and external audiences.
The Center for Teaching & Learning, in its mission to advocate for UMPI’s institutional goals to remain an innovative force in student-centered education, is informed and advised by the inter-disciplinary Teaching & Learning Steering Committee, whose membership includes campus & program leadership, full & part-time faculty, curriculum & General Education representatives, and CTL