Rani Mehta, graduate student, and Ralph McPherson, clinical social worker.

My name is Ralph McPherson, and I am a clinical social worker serving in the capacity of school counselor.  This is my eighth year of serving the students at our fine school.

The counseling office is a confidential place for students to come and talk about their problems or to receive extra support.   Students can face many challenges, such as adjustment to college life, time-management skills, relationship issues or they may experience a general sense of feeling overwhelmed.  There are times, however, that students can face other health-related issues such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse or other emotional and social issues. If you are experiencing any of these issues or need assistance in another area of your life, please contact us at the counseling center.  We are here to serve and assist students to better enhance your overall academic and social experience.

The counseling office is located at the Student Health Center, Emerson Hall Annex.  We are here Monday-Friday with flexible hours.   I am usually here in the late afternoons and have evening hours.  We also have a counseling graduate student from Husson University, completing her clinical rotation with us.  Her name is Rani Mehta and she is in her last year of the counseling program at Husson.  Rani worked with us last year and she was a great addition to the counseling center.

My office hours will be posted on my door and I can accommodate special appointments if needed.  All services are free and confidential with the exception of threats of harm or violence.  To make appointments you can call my office at 768-9791 or email me at ralph.mcpherson@maine.edu.  You can also stop by student support services and someone will assist you.

Please stop by and say hello.  I wish all of you the best with your academic experience.  The University of Maine at Presque Isle is a great institution of higher learning.  Get involved with campus life and enjoy everything we have to offer.  Good Luck!!