Although it may not feel like April, that’s what the calendar says.  And that means that the school year is coming near to an end. Students are doing last homework assignments of the spring semester and waiting for final exams to come. Teachers are planning their summers and students are getting excited for summer plans.

Hannah Brooker, a University of Maine at Presque Isle student, is getting ready for her summer where she will go back home and see her friends and family.  Hannah said, “I can’t wait to be done for the semester to where I can just be able to relax and not have to worry about school work at the moment.” Those months off from school are where she will be working and taking the time to be around her family and hang out with some of her friends who were also away at school, so she did not get to see them much.

On the other hand, some students are looking forward to next school year already. One of them is Sofia Crouse, a University of Maine at Presque Isle student.  She can’t wait to get back into school next school year because it is seen as a relief for her. Sofia said, “When I am going to school, I am taking more time away from work and trying to focus on my school work.  Over the summer, I will be working two jobs.  When I go back to school will be the time where I can work both jobs, but not as much every day                                 as in the summer.”

These two students have two different opinions on the school year coming to an end.  But there are still many memories that can be made with some of your friends and some of the other peers on campus in the very short time left in the semester.