Almost every student is guilty of losing their school ID at one point or another. This can be a huge inconvenience on the student as they cannot gain access to their dorm if they live on campus, they can’t get meals in the caf, check out books from the library or gain access to Gentile Hall. Because of the necessity of having your student ID at all times UMPI has come up with a great new plan which consists of tattooing students with their IDs, bar code and all.

The tattoos will be completely optional and also completely free. The tattoos must be placed just below on the wrist on the right forearm. Janette Jane was UMPI’s tattoo artist of choice, they are flying her in from Los Vegas, Nevada from April 1 until April 32 to tattoo interested students. “The tattoos will function just like a standard card ID, they can be scanned to receive meals and with the special microchip insert pressing your forearm to any door you have access to will automatically  unlock it.” Jane said.

You can receive your student ID tattoo in Normal Hall any night in April at 11pm. Jane prefers to give tattoos to people while they are unconscious, this also helps with the microchip insertion. Please be sure to bring your old student ID and a friend to drive your unconscious self home when you come to get your free tattoo.

UMPI student Francine Franklin is very excited and can barely wait to get her new tattoo ID. “In all the eight years I’ve been at UMPI I’ve probably lost my card close to 100 times, it’s cost me a fortune! I’m counting down the days until I get my new ID tattoo so I never have to worry about misplacing my pesky ID again!” If you’ve found yourself in similar situations to Franklin then maybe it’s time you start considering getting some useful ink.