Welcome back to campus everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing summer vacation.  We are very excited for the 2019-2020 school year to get started!  We have so much to offer here at Gentile Hall, so come stop by and take advantage of this beautiful facility.

We have an elevated indoor track, basketball courts, a 25 yard swimming pool, a 37-foot rock climbing wall and bouldering wall and a wonderful fitness center equipped with strength machines, free weights and cardio equipment.  If you need help with anything, I will be more than happy to show you how to use the equipment.

I will be hosting a variety of events during my Wellness Week from Sept. 23-26. All events and fitness classes will be free to all.  Sept. 23 I will kick the week off with coffee, treats and orientations to all the fitness equipment from 8:30-10:30 a.m.  Then I will have Fusion training from 12-12:45 p.m. in Gentile Hall.  The last event that day will be Fit Camp from 5-5:45 p.m.

Sept. 24, Nancy Roble from Cary Medical Center will be doing blood pressure screenings from 9-10:30 a.m. in Gentile Hall.  So if employees need some insurance incentives, this would be a good event to come to.  Then I will have Circuit Training from 12-12:45 p.m.

Sept. 25, I will have coffee, treats, healthy recipes and protein supplements from Bike Board and Ski.  Stop by and check out all they have to offer.  Then the last event that day will be Fit Camp from 5-5:45 p.m.

Sept. 26, I will finish off my Wellness Week with Fusion training from 12-12:45 p.m. in Gentile Hall.

I offer a variety of fitness classes to accommodate different levels of fitness that are free to all students.  Fit Camp is on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 5-5:45 p.m. This is a high-intensity boot-camp-style class.  Total Body Circuit Training is on Tuesdays from 12-12:45 p.m.  In this class I focus on core training and strength training for the lower body and upper body.  Fusion training is a combination of yoga, pilates and barre.  This class is from 12-12:45 p.m. in the Campus Center room 112 on Mondays and Thursdays.

We have a variety of intramural sports that will keep everyone busy.  Last year Jonathon Bowman did futsol, pickle ball, water polo and much more.  Check our website for details at umpi.edu/gentile-hall or email Jonathon Bowman at jonathon.bowman@maine.edu.

Faculty, staff, students and community members, do not forget that Gentile Hall has canoe and tent rentals through the Outing Club.  If students are interested in being a part of the Outing Club, stop by our front desk for more information.

Students, make sure you get your student I.D. validated at the business office.  For all other questions, concerns and hours of operation, you can contact Keli Marston at 768-1202 or email at keli.marston@maine.edu.  Or check out our website at umpi.edu/gentile-hall.

Just a little food for thought: let’s not forget about our wonderful Farmer’s Market in the area.  This is the best time of year to get fresh, home-grown vegetables in the county!  They also have a variety of soaps, lotions, crafts, baked goods, eggs and much more to choose from.

The Farmers Market is on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Riverside Pavilion.  The great news is that it’s within walking distance for our students, faculty and staff.