Sawatdee Kap Bangkok!

Our first week of orientation at Lertlah School has finished, and we’re all getting used to our new city’s surroundings.  Some are courageously conquering the streets, eating new things and embracing the culture, while others are bashfully taking small steps into the streets and thinking twice about trying the  oddly shaped fruit.  In all, I think everyone is adjusting to the heat, and getting on quite nicely.  We have found food stalls that will become our  daily routine for our dinner.  You can actually order Mcd’s for a small fee if the craving arises, or get any type of western food for a little more money.  Orientation began on Monday and has consisted of curriculum meetings, Thai language and culture classes, and getting our materials ready for the next academic year.  This weekend we are going on a team building retreat at a resort not far from Bangkok with all 180 staff.  HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!  BB

One thought on “Sawatdee Kap Bangkok!”

1. That’s great to hear that you’re doing well, guys! I enjoy reading your blog entries (and always look forward to see more pictures). I can easily relate to your current experience with new cultures, new languages , with transgressing your own limitations and habits of mind :-)))
    Don’t get discouraged when homesickness will come… eventually
    I keep my fingers crossed for ALL of you!
    Tomasz Herzog