Best Layover Ever!

UMPI Education students and Professors had a brief layover in Cairo before heading to Bangkok.  We saw the Pyramids of Giza while riding camels, The Sphinx, and King Tut’s tomb.  It was am amazing experience!  I imagine everyone was thinking, “Am I really riding a camel in Egypt right now?” It was an amazing day  which took us from our  familiar sleepy surroundings of Presque Isle, to the bustling barrage that is Cairo!

We arrived in Bangkok without red shirts.  Haven’t seen a red shirt, and certainly have no plans to!  Hopefully the protests will be over soon so we can visit the sites of beautiful downtown Bangkok.  Upon our arrival, some Thai teachers took us to our apartments, gave us a tour of the school, and took us to the mall for some necessities. So far, everything has been great!

Most of the students have courageously ventured off to a water park to stave off the 40 degree weather.  I am off to familiarize myself with the surroundings of my new neighborhood for the next year.  Enjoy the pics!

4 thoughts on “Best Layover Ever!”

1. Nice picture of Nick on the Camel. Could not tell which was the camel.

2. Hi Brian Bordage….

We miss you in New Brunswick! Nice camel photo.

Rose